Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Caramel Apple Wine Float

It's been a busy few weeks, and I have a lot of blogging to catch up on tonight! Last winter I went on a tour of local wineries with a few friends for Valentine's Day. One of my favorite Northeast Ohio wineries by far is Emerine Estates (http://www.emerineestates.com/), a small, unimpressive looking place in Jefferson, Ohio. Despite the wood paneling and plain decor, this tiny winery has some of the best wine I've ever tasted.


A year later, the only Emerine wine left in my collection was a caramel apple wine. I remembered when I first tasted this wine, I really wanted some vanilla ice cream with it. This was the inspiration for this amazing ice cream float.



I know this isn't really a recipe (it's just a really good vanilla ice cream with wine poured over it), but if you have access to a caramel apple wine, you have to try this! It was so good I made two. Thank God I ran out of ice cream or I might have had to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment